Results are attached at bottom of page for all piontscore
You can enter by adding swimmers name to the list at the desk on Sundays up to 1 week before or above. Please DO NOT ask coaches or administrators within the week preceding pointscore as the programme can't be amended and creates additional unnecessary work.
Congratulations to our overall 2016 Pointscore winners are Katie Hodgson and Ashley Donaldson
2015 winners were Laura Hole and Adam Kinghorn
2014 winners were Emily Inns and Henry Smith
2013 winners were Lucy Potter and Adam Kinghorn
2012 winners were Amelia Broadfoot and Ray Davidson
2011 winners were Josephine Canham and Tom Broadfoot
2010 winners were Sophie Grainge and Ted Murray
2009 winners were Elle Mackenzie and Shaun Muscroft
2008 winners were Charlotte Hicks and Michael Fusi
2007 winners were Louise Zolkiewski and Jonathan Davies
The object of the competition is for swimmers to compete against their own times on a regular basis under competition conditions. This will allow them to challenge for places in teams and prepare them for competition. They will be gaining experience of racing. Points are scored for any improvements gained and are aggregated for the purpose of making periodic and annual awards. The competition is open to all members of the club.
- The competition is split into three groups, gold, silver and bronze.
- Promotion is gained by achieving 3 qualifying times from a group to move to the next.
- A swimmer may compete in a maximum of three events at any one pointscore meet.
- A swimmer must compete in all four strokes in the pointscore calendar, (backstroke, breastroke, butterfly and freestyle), an Individual Medley swim will count as one other chosen stroke.
- A swimmer may only compete in events for their own pointscore group.
- Awards will be presented to the swimmer in each pointscore group who has gained the most points in the previous pointscore meet.
- In order to be eligible for such an award, a swimmer must have gained a minimum of 10 points.
- In the event of a tie, the award will be made by comparing times.
- An annual trophy will be presented to the boy and girl gaining the most points throughout the pointscore competition year.
- All pointscore meets will be run under A.S.A. laws.
Each swimmer competes against his or her pointscore time and points will be awarded when a swimmer equals or betters set times.
A big thank you to all helpers. Without you we could not hold galas.
Results rules and schedule are attached with rules below