Altrincham Swimming Club (“We”) are committed to protecting your data and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us, will be stored and handled by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will control it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the Data Controller is Altrincham Swimming Club of Altrincham Leisure Centre.
DATA PROTECTION REGISTRATION
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms and providing other information (whether electronically, manually or otherwise) which you provide to any of our officers, coaches or volunteers. This includes information provided but not limited to:
- Registering for events
- Subscribing for membership (which may include medical information about you which is collected purely for the purpose of ensuring your health and safety and which will not be transferred to any third party save as specifically authorised by you or in a medical emergency).
- Entering a competition
- Reporting a problem
- Providing payment details
- Emergency contact details
- Relevant medical information about you
- Information about any relevant impairments that you may have.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through us and of the fulfilment of any orders or requirements.
Our website is set up to provide members and the public with relevant information about Altrincham Swimming Club.
It includes details of recent achievements of our members and results and times of individual members from recent events. It does not contain any further personal data about the members. The website has an online store, the data and account relating to the store are maintained completely independently of the Altrincham Swimming Club main site and its Members area.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, sponsors advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites
Use of ‘cookies’
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Information you provide to us is stored securely with the exception of the information noted above which is available on the website, any specific Personal Identifiable Information contained within our website will be secured behind a user name and password access control within the members only area of our site.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our club, its membership or the services it provides and the events that it promotes.
- Where any relevant medical conditions, physical or mental impairments are disclosed to ensure, in consultation with you, that these factors are taken in to consideration in relation to your swimming training and other activities within the club. All such data shall be treated as sensitive data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we or substantially all of our assets are transferred to a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our members will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our members, officers, volunteers, suppliers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.